Treasure Chest

Treasure Chest

Friday, February 19, 2010

The Serenity Prayer


God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;

Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.



Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr

4 comments:

Jaime Kubik said...

Love this prayer. Always a good one to keep on the tip of your tongue. Thank you Bronny!

Sarah said...

Hey Bronny,

This is truly a treasured prayer!

Did you receive your book?!

Love Sarah xxx

Bronny said...

yes I did ... Thank you. I love this.. I often try and work things everything out... analysing things. I just needed to be reminded about what I can and can't change. God is so gracious.

Anonymous said...

This has always been a favourite of mine.xo

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails